How to Apply
Send in all required materials to the Graduate School by December 15 prior to the year you intend to enroll. Applications are accepted for Fall admission only.
Students can apply to either campus. However, it is best to apply to one of the two campuses based on their track of interest. Please be sure to only apply to 1 campus.:
- Aging Policy Issues or Social, Cultural, and Behavioral Sciences (SCB)
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Epidemiology of Aging or Social, Cultural, and Behavioral Sciences (SCB)
Univeristy of Maryland School of Medicine at University of Maryland, Baltimore
- The application
- Three letters of recommendation (including some from academic personnel)
- General GRE test scores taken within the last 5 years. All applicants are required to submit GRE scores regardless of background
- Statement of academic goals and research interests. The statement of academic goals and research interests serves as a writing sample and is your chance to express your reason(s) for studying Gerontology, why you are interested in our program in particular, and your future plans.
- A TOEFL must be submitted for International Students that do not have a Bachelors or Masters degree from a U.S. institution.
All 5 items (6 for international students) must be submitted for your application to be reviewed. Be sure to write your track on the application: EP=epi, AP=policy, SB=social, cultural, and behavioral
To be considered for funding, please check the box on the application.
The program's admissions committee reviews all applications and selects students for the interview process. Those who are selected are required to interview in person or by phone. The program will arrange the interviews.