Skip to main content

Student Resources


Students must schedule a meeting with the program director prior to registering for classes each semester. Please bring the following to your meeting:

  • List of courses taken and grades received
  • Total number of Credits to date
  • Cumulative GPA
  • Course Registration Form
    • Must be completed and signed by the Director prior to registering
  • Drop/Add Form
    • Use to drop and/or add courses after on line registration has closed
    • When dropping courses after the semester has begun, you may not receive a full refund

Course Selection

Please refer to CMBS-MS Handbook to make sure your course selections will help you meet the program requirements.

  • Please check the Graduate School for currently offered courses.
  • International students must be registered for a minimum of 9 credits each semester.
  • Journal Clubs require student presentations; you must contact the course master of the journal club requesting their permission to present prior to registering for a Journal Club course.
  • Independent Study: Students interested in designing an independent study course should speak with the program director and complete the Independent Study Form for approval.

*** PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in applying for a GPILS PhD program, you must receive a grade of B or higher in the GPILS Core Course

Laboratory Rotations

GPLS 609, Section 05

Rotations may be take for 1-3 credits per semester. Non-Thesis Students: 2 rotations required. Thesis Students: minimum 1 rotation required. Rotations last approximately 8 weeks. When approaching a mentor to rotate or perform your thesis in their laboratory, clearly indicate that you are a MASTER'S student and do not require a stipend provided by the mentor.

Thesis Students

View the Graduate School's requirements for forming an MS Thesis Committee and for the Graduate School's requirments for the Master's Thesis Examination. Thesis students are required to take a minimum of 6 credits of GPILS 799, Section 02 - Master’s Thesis Research.

Non-degree Students

  • Application to take courses as a non-degree student
  • Request to transfer credits taken as non-degree student into MS Program. You may tranfer a total of 6 credits or 2 courses into the MS degree.

24-hour National Graduate Student Crisis Line (1-800-GRAD-HLP) 


Disclaimer: This website is not a contract and all information is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Program.