The Program Specialist will register all new incoming students for their first semester courses. After successful completion of the first semester, all students are responsible for their own registration.
The registration process is as follows:
- Meet with Program Director to discuss courses of interest and obtain approval. The Course Registration Worksheet will help facilitate this discussion.
- Email list of approved courses to Program Specialist as student registration is locked by default.
- When the Program Specialist has unlocked the student’s registration, the student will be notified via email.
Students must then login to SURFS to complete the registration process at least 6 weeks before the start of the semester. Instructions detailing this process will be emailed to the student’s university email account.
Drop/Add Form - Use online registration has closed. Please note that when dropping courses after the semester has begun, you might not receive a full refund. Check the Graduate School Calendars and Deadlines for more information.
Please refer to the program requirements to ensure course selections are appropriate.
- Check the SURFS Class Schedule for courses offered in a specific semester.
- International students must be registered for a minimum of 9 credits each semester.
- Journal Clubs require student presentations; you must contact the course master of the journal club requesting their permission to present prior to registering for a Journal Club course.
- Independent Study: Students interested in designing an independent study course should speak with the program director and complete the CMBS Independent Study Form for approval.
*** PLEASE NOTE: If you are considering applying to a GPILS PhD program, you must receive a grade of B or higher in GPLS 601 Mechanisms in Biomedical Sciences (Core Course).
GPLS 609, Section 05
Rotations may be taken for 1-3 credits per semester. Non-Thesis Students are required to take 4-6 credits of lab rotation (this is about 2 rotations) Thesis Students are required to take 1-4 credits of lab rotation (this is about 1 rotation). Rotations last approximately 8 weeks.
When approaching a mentor to rotate or perform your thesis in their laboratory, clearly indicate that you are a MASTER'S student and do not require a stipend provided by the mentor.
- CMBS Lab Rotation Proposal Form
Must be completed and signed by the Rotation Mentor and the Director before rotation begins
- CMBS Lab Rotation Completion Form
Must be completed and signed by the student; submitted to the Director within 30 days of completion
- CMBS Lab Rotation Evaluation and Grade Form
Top portion must be completed by the student, bottom portion completed and signed by the rotation mentor; submitted to the Director within 30 days of completion
View the Graduate School requirements for forming an MS Thesis Committee and for the Graduate School's requirments for the Master's Thesis Examination. Thesis students are required to take 6 credits of GPLS 799, Section 01 Master’s Thesis Research.
- The Non-Degree Application to take courses as a non-degree student
- Request to transfer credits taken as non-degree student into MS Program. You may tranfer a total of 6 credits or 2 courses into the MS degree.
24-hour National Graduate Student Crisis Line (1-800-GRAD-HLP)
Disclaimer: This website is not a contract and all information is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Program.