Graduate Program in Neuroscience
The Graduate Program in Neuroscience is dedicated to providing a center of excellence for the training of outstanding graduate students in the field of Neuroscience. Our Graduate Program is an interdisciplinary program of study leading to a Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience. We look to prepare the next generation of scientists who will advance our understanding of the brain/nervous system.
Neuroscience faculty expertise and research interests range from the genome to the clinic. Our program enhances interaction among our internationally renowned faculty, and enables graduate students to take advantage of the full depth and breadth of neuroscience research conducted at the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Our PhD students are highly sought after, routinely being appointed as postdoctoral fellows at prestigious institutions.
Research Focus Groups
Current Events and PIN in the News
- The Annual Society for Neuroscience Meeting is November 15-19, 2014, in Washington D.C. For more information on the meeting, visit http://sfn.org
- Researchers in the Program for Neuroscience will be presenting their work in talks and posters throughout the meeting. Click here to find a list of these abstracts organized according to research focus group.
- Dr. Peg McCarthy will be presenting one of the Special Lectures talks at the SFN meeting on Sunday November 16, 2014, from 1:00-2:10pm in Hall D of the Convention Center
- Program in Neuroscience Seminar December 11, 2014. Dr Pradeep Bhide, Professor, Jim and Betty Ann Rodgers Eminent Scholar, Chair of Developmental Neuroscience, Florida State (Host: Dr. Elizabeth Powell)
- Every June, the Program in Neuroscience hosts a one day retreat. See the program for last year's retreat here.