- Evidence of academic accomplishment (GPA typically over 3.5)
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline, field of study or profession (e.g. biology, engineering, exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology, medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy)
- Previous course work in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and statistics as appropriate.
- TOEFL scores (where required), typically above 600.
- GRE scores of >308 (1200) for combined verbal (160) and quantitative (148), and over 4.0 for the writing section.
- Statement of research interests and experience.
- Letters of reference.
- A professional course-by-course evaluation is required for all college-level work completed at foreign institutions.
- The recommended credit evaluation service is WES – World Education Services, PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745.
- Send the official report to: University of Maryland, Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Science, PhD Program in Physical Rehabilitation Science, 100 Penn Street, Suite 115-G, Baltimore, MD 21201. ATTN: Janice Abarro