How to Apply
The Program in Molecular Microbiology & Immunology offers a structured inter-disciplinary program leading to the Ph.D. degree and is designed to provide training in bacteriology, virology, parasitology, and immunology. If you would like to receive additional information, please complete our inquiry form.
In order to apply, the following must be received no later than December 1, 2019.
- A completed online application, including fee payment
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation. Reference requests are sent by the Graduate School after submission of the online application and must be received by December 1)
- Your curriculum vitae
- A 300-500 word personal statement that discusses the following:
- Why are you passionate about science?
- What are your long-term goals and how will this program help you toward attaining those goals?
- How have you prepared for, and what is your plan to reach, your long-term goals?
- What research or whose research are you interested in for your doctoral work and why?
- If applicable, share your past research experiences or encounters with research. Discuss the aspects that impacted you the most.
Our most competitive applicants typically have a grade point average above a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and we no longer accept GRE scores. Once you are ready, you can complete your application online by going directly to the official UMB Graduate School Admission Application.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Academic Services Specialist, Dr. Heather Ezelle, with any questions. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Graduate Program in Life Sciences is associated with two nationally renowned dual-degree programs:
Students interested in pursuing a dual degree will need to apply directly to the respective program.